Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!)

Like the title says: Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!). No one else's, raw, uncut, maybe unsettling to some. If you are unsettled by mine, good. Research, learn, self-educate and form your own.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volcano Island, Somewhere Hot

Originally from The Canal Zone, I moved to the US in 1985 and later joined the Army. Most of my Army time was overseas with the exceptiongof my last two assignments. Recently retired, I now work in computer networking and security related fields. Pretty much same stuff I was doing in the Army with better pay!

Monday, July 03, 2006

OH! MY GAWD!!!!!

To quote my little sister from her late 80's early 90's days: "OH MY GAWD!!!!! That movie soooo sucked!!!!!!"

What movie? That great waste of cinematography, waste of an hour plus of my life. Not to mention the $3.49 in rental fees I paid. (Well, actually $2.49 because
Hastings credits you $1.00 if you turn in one of their "Best Renters" movies by the next day's closing. And you better believe this will be back in time to get my credit!) Back to the movie; "The Hills Have Eyes". What a piece of crap! I just can't accept that this garbage is a Wes Craven product. Even worse that he participated in the remake of this crap.

This is little more than a gross fest within the cloak of a real movie. It starts out nicely, with some good thrills and builds you up to expect some real scares. After about three or four obvious cheap shot scares it becomes clear this film is going nowhere. And it goes there fast!

After the first two killings my friend and I started to view it as a cheap B-movie comedy. After that we just picked it apart scene by scene. By the end we were both yelling "
OH MY GAWD!!" at every pseudo scare and the ending it's self. What a waste of $2.49. "Best Renter" my ass!

I wish I had seen
Ebert & Roeper, Reviews for the Weekend of March 11 - 12, 2006 before renting this crap. I am just glad that I didn't drop the $7.50+ to see it on the big screen. I expected a lot more from this movie. Ebert & Roeper's review is dead on; two massive thumbs down.

Usually when I see a remake of an older movie, I like to go out and get the original. This movie sucked so much there is no way I am going to waste my time or money to see the original. I might rent the un-rated version in the hope there are more sex scenes with Brenda, but I doubt it.

If you missed this movie on the big screen, be thankful. If you're thinking of renting it, don't! Watch "Lilo & Stitch"
again with your kids. It's a better value in both time and money.
Ebert & Roeper, Reviews for the Weekend of June 22 - 23, 2002

NOTE 1: I am not an Ebert & Roeper fan or promoter, but I have found my tastes in movies does parallel theirs. I included them twice only because I do concur with them on these two movies.

NOTE 2: Apparently this movie sucked so much that there is no longer (or never was) an "Official" web site for it. Nor is there a link for the un-rated version, either. The one unofficial site I found is not worth linking too. Their own admin hasn't posted since January 06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home