Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!)

Like the title says: Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!). No one else's, raw, uncut, maybe unsettling to some. If you are unsettled by mine, good. Research, learn, self-educate and form your own.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volcano Island, Somewhere Hot

Originally from The Canal Zone, I moved to the US in 1985 and later joined the Army. Most of my Army time was overseas with the exceptiongof my last two assignments. Recently retired, I now work in computer networking and security related fields. Pretty much same stuff I was doing in the Army with better pay!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Politics? My dad?

My son recently read my blog and asked me, "When did you get so political?"

I guess the simple answer would be when I retired from the Army. But that's too simple. In reality I have been very political all my life. But as a soldier sworn to obey those appointed over me and subject to certain UCMJ regulations preventing me from venting my true opinions, I have done a lot of tongue biting.

Now after 20+ years of service to philanders and liars, out comes a lot of pent up rage and a wealth of opinions.

Still its hard to say all the things I'd like to say. Specifics of Abu Ghraib, the twisting of Iraq WMD facts and the like are still covered under certain federal laws for the next 70 years. Basically, the rest of my natural life.

Still, I can find a wealth of stuff to keep my ire up. You don't have to look too far. From the administration's manipulation of public access to truth, the DNC's blatant disregard for any truth, unless it suits them, to ridiculous antics of a president who can't keep his girlfriends quiet. How that jerk made two terms when George H.W. Bush only led fro one after his great leadership, I'll never understand. Movies that should have never made it to the screen and commercials that truly suck! Inspiring me not to buy their products.


Head On, apply directly to the forehead!
Head On, apply directly to the forehead!
Head On, apply directly to the forehead!

Then there's the fool who makes deals with murderous dictators, thinking he can save their souls, and make them into good Christians. No wounder the the next dictator wanting to make a name for himself managed to keep 52 Americans hostage for 444 days in our own diplomatic embassy!

So here I go on my little rampages through news columns and other blogs picking out those that get my blood pressure up. The stupid, the inane, and the down right dumb.

Maybe I'll run for president? At least I know how to keep my girlfriend's mouth quiet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home