Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!)

Like the title says: Just an Opinion (But it's all mine!). No one else's, raw, uncut, maybe unsettling to some. If you are unsettled by mine, good. Research, learn, self-educate and form your own.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volcano Island, Somewhere Hot

Originally from The Canal Zone, I moved to the US in 1985 and later joined the Army. Most of my Army time was overseas with the exceptiongof my last two assignments. Recently retired, I now work in computer networking and security related fields. Pretty much same stuff I was doing in the Army with better pay!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Edwards and Spratt call on DCCC to pull down web video

Well the DCCC is at it again. Using images of soldiers’ coffins and their graves in order to make things look worse than they are, and therefore sway public opinion away from the truth. These clips appeared in an anti-Republican ad that was available on the DCCC’s web site. Strangely enough, it is no longer available.

The article referenced above was posted at 3:35 p.m. EDT (12:35 MST for me), and provided a link to the DCCC’s video. By the time I chased the link, around 6pm MST, the video had been pulled, already. Using the site’s search tool, I was able to find an entry and link to the video’s page, which also has been disabled.

So, why beat a dead horse? On CNN’s article page is also one of their quick polls, which I like to look at from time to time. I do have to say that after entering my vote I was very surprised to see the results. As of this writing (12:15 am MST), there have been 601 votes cast. The surprise was that so far 100% are against the ad, which used to be on the DCCC web site.

The poll question is “Is the DCCC "America Needs a New Direction" video offensive?” Of all persons reading the article, and I am sure of the few who got to see the video before it was pulled, all agree that “Yes, it dishonors our troops”. I do mean all. It’s not just a percentage tally of 100%; it is 601 votes to zero.

I do have my issues pro and con to the current front in Iraq. I think we should have finished in Afghanistan before opening a new front. I do disagree with how intelligence was twisted in order to justify opening a new front so soon. What I don’t care for is liberals, leftists, and freeloaders who have never served or served poorly using the images of my comrades’ coffins and their gravesites for political advantage.

War is war. It is messy, it is ugly, and should be avoided at all costs. However, we’re there now and we need to finish what we started. Not cut and run as Clinton did in Somalia when things got tough. Soldiers are wounded, I did. Some are killed, watched a lot of good friends pay the ultimate price. Many more come home, too. Where’s the DCCC’s video of our returning heroes? Or, of the great works they are doing in the toughest of conditions? I couldn’t find one on their site. Of that, I am not surprised.

I am glad the DCCC pulled the video. I do wish I could have seen it at least once so I could be more fired up during this writing. However, I can’t be angry with them for doing the right thing on this issue. Albeit late, this video should never have been produced.

PS: it’s now 12:45 am MST; the vote is now 609 to zero.

Technorati: ,
Links: RNC, NRCC Home page, DNC, DCCC Home page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home